About the position
The Metabolic physiopathology group of Lleida Biomedical Research Institute Dr. Pifarré Foundation (IRBLleida) offers a 3-year position for a post-doctoral researcher in the field of system’s biology focused to small molecule (metabolomics/lipidomics) applied to neurodegenerative diseases.
The vacant position in funded by a “Fundació la Caixa” grant (4th edition of the Call for biomedical and health research projects (https://fundacionlacaixa.org/en/la-caixa-foundation-call-for-applications-health-research-projects).)
The granted project will study of the role of lipid-protein oxidation pathways in neurodegeneration, and specifically, in the fatal neurodegenerative disease Alexander disease, by applying proteomics and lipidomics techniques in state-of-the art disease models. Our research group is responsible for the performance and interpretation of targeted and untargeted lipidomic analyses .
Major tasks include:
- Generation of metabolomics and lipidomics datasets (targeted and untargeted) in relevant biological samples of the diseases(cell cultures and brain organoids).
- Metabolomics based functional characterization of cell cultures and organoids using metabolic reconstruction.
- Identification of key metabolic pathways using network analysis and empiric dynamic modelling in collaboration with project partners.
The main purpose of the postdoctoral position is to generate and test scientific hypothesis, qualifying for work in high-level scientific positions with fully accountability. A PhD degree is therefore required.
Required academic qualifications
- PhD or Master degree in Bioinformatics, preferably with emphasis on metabolomics/lipidomics data and system’s biology.
Required Experiences (you must document experience in at least three of these to be eligible)
- Methods for LC-MS based metabolomics and lipidomics analyses
- Bioinformatics analysis of metabolomics and lipidomics data, with integrative capacity with other system’s biology approaches, namely proteomics.
- Bioinformatics processing and analysis of large multi-omics datasets.
- Fluent programming skills in at least one language.
- Experimental work in metabolomics/lipidomics.
- Network-based analysis of multi-omics data.
- Writing and reporting skills
We are looking for motivated, collaborative and resourceful candidates. We expect the candidate to work in a multidisciplinary team in collaboration with European research groups. Therefore, applicants must be proficient in both written and spoken English, and have strong teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills.
Remuneration and further information
Workweek: full 37.5 hours per week.
Salary: 34.342,00 € gross salary / year with the employer fee NOT included
For further information, please contact Dr Mariona Jové (email@example.com)
To apply for this vacancy, please send an e-mail with your CV and an application letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 15/10/2021