UIC – Universidad Internacional de Catalunya
Descripción de la oferta
Who we are
UIC Barcelona currently has around 8.000 students and offers 16 degree programmes, 30 international double degree programmes and a wide range of master’s and postgraduate degrees, as well as continuing education courses in numerous fields of knowledge. Since 1997 we have been teaching students based on academic rigour, a fulfilling university life and enriching life experiences. The UIC Barcelona team consists of professionals who are qualified not only in the field of teaching, but also in research, management, administration, communication, services, and systems. Beyond the professionalism of each individual, at UIC Barcelona you will find a young and dynamic working atmosphere.
Click here for more information about UIC Barcelona.
About your role
You will be joining the Consolidated Research Group – End of Life Care (PI Dr Albert Balaguer Santamaria). During this period, you will develop a thesis project within the Measurement and Epidemiology of Health Outcomes research line, supervised by Dr Carlos García Forero. As part of this research line you will apply and develop multivariate statistical at improving the assessment of health in individuals and populations.
In this position, you will work with a dynamic research group designing, analysing and interpreting different studies. You will participate in Epidemiology, Clinical and Medical Education research projects, and will actively collaborate in research design, analyses, and interpretation. You will also teach undergraduate students in the Epidemiology and Public Health Area, developing academic content and teaching practical sessions.
What will you do
- Develop a PHD research project leading to a doctoral degree using multivariate methods to improve health assessment methods
- Write up you own research for improving knowledge on how to diagnose and predict health outcomes
- Support the research group and the Medical Education unit in research activities, (designing, analysing, and interpreting results)
- Follow up ongoing projects – leading small local clinical research initiatives.
- Teaching at an undergraduate level in health degree programmes in the Epidemiology and Public Health Area, developing academic content and teaching practical sessions in this area
To bear in mind:
A) People who have met the requirements to access the doctoral programme at the time they are hired can participate in the call (according to what is set out in article 6 of Royal Decree 99/2011).
B) On the date the contract starts, candidates must be enrolled on a doctoral programme and must not have been awarded any other pre-doctoral contract for a period of more than 12 months.
A selection committee consisting of three PDI staff members will be in charge of evaluating the candidates according to the merits they profess and deciding which candidates will move to the second stage of the selection process. The second stage will consist of a selection interview and a statistical programming placement test.
- A full-time predoctoral contract (exclusive dedication) in the Department of Medicine at UIC Barcelona, renewable for 3 years, not extendible further, starting from the date you are hired as a member of our research staff in training.
- The gross annual amount for the contract is the same as that stipulated in article 7 of Royal Decree 103/2019.
- An exceptional working environment.
- Start date: 1 September 2021
How to apply
Applications must include a single document containing:
- A letter of presentation and motivation (in English) from the candidate
- Full CV including contact details
- Academic Record
- Certification of English level
- Up to 3 letters of recommendation
The application deadline is 28 June 2021
Who you are…
- Holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Applied Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or Sciences with a strong mathematical background.
- Recently graduated or about to finish a University Master’s Degree in Statistics, Biostatistics or Data Science
- Good coding skills in R or Python
- Experienced in applied statistical software (STATA, SPSS, SAS)
- A highly motivated researcher
- An excellent team member with good communication skills
- Fluent in English at a demonstrable B2 level
During the selection process the following aspects will be taken into account in this order:
A) Academic Record
B) Programming Languages and experience in data analysis
C) Knowledge of multivariate methods
D) English level
E) Recommendation letters from former employers /lecturers or professors
More information: https://careers.talentclue.com/es/node/73961082/4590