Faculty position in Supply Chain Management / Procurement / Logistics / Operations Management
Rotterdam School of Management (RSM), Erasmus University, invites applications for multiple tenure-track faculty positions (preferably at the Assistant Professor level) in the area of Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Logistics and/or Operations Management. We are explicitly looking for candidates with either of the following two profiles:
- A candidate who is an expert in analytical methods. This expertise could encompass deterministic or stochastic modelling, simulation, optimization, linear and integer programming.
- A candidate who is an expert in empirical research methods. This expertise could encompass both large-scale (survey) research, small-scale (case study) research and experimental research designs, but also techniques and applications such as econometric analysis, analysis of secondary data, and meta-analysis.
Applicants should have (or expect to complete in the near future) a Ph.D. in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Procurement, Operations Management, or a closely related field. The candidate should have expertise in one of the areas of specific interest to our group:
– Supply chain coordination and contracting
– Transportation, logistics, distribution management, vehicle routing and scheduling
– Intralogistics (material handling, warehouse management, terminal operations)
– Procurement, sourcing, purchasing & supply management
– Behavioural logistics/operations/procurement
– Service logistics/operations/procurement
– Sustainable logistics/operations/procurement
Candidates need to have demonstrated a potential for excellence in research and teaching.
About the School
The Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, located in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, is a top-ranked international business school renowned for its ground-breaking research in sustainable business practice and for the development of future global business leaders. Offering an array of bachelors, masters, doctoral, MBA and executive education programs, RSM is consistently ranked amongst the top 10 business schools in Europe; it has a research ranking of 4th in Europe, with its full-time and executive MBA programs ranked in the top 30 world-wide, and its international CEMS MSc Program ranked 2nd world-wide.
The position is in the department of Technology & Operations Management. Within this department, we practice a very broad range of both analytical and empirical research methods and we have a strong tradition in critically reviewing and improving such methods.
You will also be part of the ERIM-LIS (Business Processes, Logistics, and Information Systems) community of some 90 researchers, including more than 40 PhD students. ERIM is the joint research institute of Rotterdam School of Management and Erasmus School of Economics.
The LIS research program consists of three main research themes: (i) Logistics and Supply Chain Management (including Sustainability and Supply Chain Optimization, Terminal Optimization, Purchasing and Supply Management, Behavioural and (Service) Operations Management); (ii) Business Information Management (including Behavioral Informatics Management, Future Trading and Decision-Support, Information Strategy, Smart Business Networks and Business Analytics), and (iii) Innovation Management (including Disruptive Innovation, Standardization, Visions of Innovation, and Innovation in the Supply Chain). Research methods include both empirical research methodology and mathematical modelling and simulation. The aim of the ERIM-LIS research group is to be at the forefront of the developments in its domain and to make major contributions both to management research and to management practice. Our research is largely inspired by business challenges and is often carried out in close cooperation with companies.
Base salaries are competitive with attractive benefits and possibilities to increase salary. Substantial tax benefits apply to non-Dutch citizens, conditional on permission granted by the Dutch Tax Office.
For further information regarding,
– Salary and benefits: http://www.eur.nl/english/staff/
How to Apply
Applicants should send an electronic copy of their letter of interest, curriculum vitae, a research statement, a teaching statement, two recent (working) papers and names of three referees to Carmen Meesters-Mirasol (e-mail: email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>), and to Marie Schmidt (email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>).
Screening will start immediately and continue until the positions are filled.