Infections and Cancer research group – UNIC II (Cancer Epidemiology Research Programme at the Catalan Institute of Oncology)
Link to job offer
Deadline: Please submit your application by 10/11/2023
About the research group
The Infections and Cancer (UNIC II) research group has long-standing expertise in the research of prevention of HPV infections and cervical cancer. It facilitates information for decision-making bodies and enables public health interventions both nationally and internationally. UNIC II is recognized for conducting high-quality research to improve the prevention of cancers associated with HPV infection.
European PartnERship to Contrast HPV (PERCH) is a European Union funded project that will involve 18 European countries. The General Objective of PERCH is to contribute to the implementation of Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan, which aims to support Member States’ efforts to extend the roll-out of routine HPV vaccination to eliminate cervical cancer and other cancers caused by HPV in the coming decade. PERCH starts from the analysis of the context with respect to how HPV vaccination and HPV screening are implemented and monitored in all participating countries; determinants of vaccination hesitation will then be analysed in order to increase knowledge and awareness, to target population on the benefits of the vaccine up-take; training activities will also be provided for health personnel on vaccination communication and finally before the end of the Joint Action (JA), MSs will be supported to launch large-scale human papillomavirus vaccination campaigns.
About the role
- To perform mainly the tasks of the international project management (PERCH), particularly to:
- Coordinate the participation of the UNIC II in the development of the different Work Packages (WP), in direct relation with the WP leaders of the PERCH.
- Prepare follow-up reports and deliverables according to the PERCH Project Schedule project in coordination with the researchers of the UNIC II.
- Prepare and attend PERCH online and face-to-face coordination meetings.
- Lead the statistical analysis of HPV vaccination coverage data.
- Participate in obtaining, interpreting and disseminating results of the PERCH.
- Coordinate and establish synergies between PERCH and other projects within UNIC II.
- Professional experience
- Research and/or project management in international collaborative projects
- Experience in team coordination and supervision
- Education and training
- PhD in Health Sciences
- BsC or MsC in Statistics or Maths
- Technical & soft skills
- Advanced knowledge in MS Office: Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams
- Strong skills in managing scientific projects
- Good command of the English and Spanish/Catalan languages
We will value, but not required
- Research and/or project management in European Commission funded projects.
- Research in projects related to cervical cancer prevention.
- Master in Public Health.
What do we offer
- No. of positions: 1
- Estimated start date: November 2023
- Contract duration: Permanent linked to projects
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay ranges
- You will be part of a multicultural team. We have a fun loving and friendly international work environment.
- Flexible working schedule – We know you have a life outside of work and we will work with you to make sure it’s kept that way.
- Possibility to work some days in remote –Teleworking
- 26 working days of holiday per year
- System of accumulated hours for employees, from 88 to 104 hours depending on the year (11 to 13 working days), to attend to personal matters.
- Paid leave package
- Benefits of constant training are offered
- We offer and promote diverse and inclusive conditions. Applicants are made free from any discrimination. Specifically IDIBELL works to improve gender equality in all areas with the aim of achieving gender balance, but maintaining the most scrupulous respect to any choice at the level of gender identity. Please express yourself freely, safely and non-binarily, if that’s the case.