The European Research Council Executive Agency (ERCEA), located in Brussels, Belgium, supports the work of the European Research Council, the first pan-European funding body sustaining excellent frontier research in Europe. The ERCEA is dedicated to selecting and funding the excellent ideas that have not happened yet, and the scientists that are dreaming them up. The ERCEA is establishing a reserve list of qualified candidates (“talent pool”) from which to hire for the position of:
PROJECT ADVISER / SCIENTIFIC OFFICER IN MATHEMATICS AND/ OR COMPUTER SCIENCE
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract Agent, Function Group IV (full-time)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Monday, 24 July 2023 by 12:00 (midday) Brussels time (CEST)
Support in the coordination of the Evaluation and Selection of Research Proposals
- Support the coordination of the peer review process for the selection of research proposals for the relevant evaluation panels, including the preparation, organisation, operation of the meetings and the documentation of results;
- Contribute to the development of guidelines, orientations and new approaches relating to the proper implementation of the ERC programme.
- Provide support to meetings of Scientific Panels for the selection of research proposals by external experts, including the preparation, organisation, operation of the meetings and the documentation of results;
- Provide support to the ex-post assessment of completed projects by external experts;
- Contribute to the development of guidelines, orientations and new approaches relating to the proper implementation of the programme.
- Present the ERC programme and project results at workshops, seminars, conferences and other public events, to external stakeholders;
- Contribute to publications produced by the ERC programme intended for external stakeholders;
- Extract and disseminate best practices and facilitate exchanges of experience;
- Collate information and draft replies to questions from external stakeholders;
- Produce reports and minutes on high-level meetings as required.
Contract Agents in the EU Institutions must fulfil the following general criteria:
- be a national of a member state of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen;
- have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws regarding military service;
- pass a test organised by the European Personnel Selection Office (EPSO) and be in possession of a valid EPSO CAST at FG IV level (e.g., EPSO/CAST/P/4/2017 Project/programme management);
- meet the character requirements for the duties involved;
- be physically fit to perform their duties.
The selection process aims to establish a Reserve List of eligible and qualified candidates (i.e., a talent pool of candidates). These candidates may be offered a contract with the ERCEA under the following terms:
- One-year contract, with the possibility of renewal. A permanent contract/contract of indefinite duration can be offered after two fixed-term contracts of one year each.
- A basic salary (before EU Institutions’ tax*) between 3.943,39 EUR and 5.711,77 EUR depending on the length of the professional experience. On top of the basic salary, the remuneration package may include further monthly allowances (an expatriation allowance amounting to 16% in addition to the basic salary; a household allowance; etc.). For example, a Project Adviser who has six years’ professional experience after the qualifying degree, who is single, and who is entitled to an expatriation allowance, earns an estimated monthly net salary of 4.311,67 EUR.
- Generous leave entitlements; recuperation of overtime worked; flexible working hours; full international health insurance coverage under the European Union Institutions’ Joint Sickness Insurance Scheme; access to the European Union’s pension plan after ten years of service.
- An inspiring and multicultural working environment in the heart of Brussels, Belgium. The ERCEA cares about well-being and offers ample opportunities for personal and professional learning and development.
- Free access to a European School and access to childcare facilities of the European Commission.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in joining our team and the ERCEA, please follow these steps:
- Create, or update, an application for the Permanent CAST profile at FG IV level
(e.g., EPSO/CAST/P/4/2017 Project/programme management).
Apply for the Permanent CAST profile: https://epso.europa.eu/en/jobopportunities/competition/2099/description
Read more about EPSO’s Permanent CAST:
- Submit an ERCEA Application Form by 24 July 2023 by 12:00 (midday) Brussels time (CEST)
Note that you must fulfil all the eligibility criteria indicated in the ERCEA Application Form by the deadline for applications.
Please find the application form here
More information at: link