The Dalle Molle Institute for Artificial Intelligence (IDSIA, www.idsia.ch) opens a position for a Researcher (f/m) in the area of Forecasting and Data Mining with Time Series. Occupancy degree: 100%. Duration of the contract: 2 years with possibility of prolongation.
The research area relevant to this position involves time series analysis (forecasting, clustering and classification of time series, anomaly detection, etc.).
– Basic research, aiming at publications in top notch journals and conferences.
-Applied research, collaboration with industrial partners in innovative projects.
-Acquisition of funds regarding both basic and applied research.
– A two-year position (degree of occupancy 100%), with possibility of prolongation.
– International working environment.
– Collaboration with a strong team of researchers in Machine Learning and Statistics (http://ipg.idsia.ch)
-Development of your own professional skills and career progression.
-Attractive salary, in line with Swiss standards and the candidate’s experience.
-The position is for researcher who has obtained a PhD since at most 10 years.
-Master degree with top marks in informatics, statistics, or other areas with strong emphasis on computation.
-PhD focused on the analysis of time series.
-Excellent publication track (relative to the ages of experience).
-Excellent programming skills and proficiency with state-of-the-art libraries for Time Series Analysis.
-Good knowledge of algorithms and software for Machine Learning.
-Proficiency in written and spoken English.
-Communication and collaboration skills.
-Good knowledge of written and spoken Italian, or willingness to learn it in short times.
Applicants should submit the following documents, written in English:
– Curriculum vitae with publications list and possibly link to the thesis;
– List of exams and grades obtained during the Bachelor and the Master of Science;
– List of three references (with e-mail addresses);
– Motivation letter (1-2 pages).
Please submit your documentation through the url: http://www.form-ru.app.
Deadline: July 15 th 2018
About IDSIA (www.idsia.ch)
The Swiss AI Lab IDSIA (Istituto Dalle Molle di Studi sull’Intelligenza Artificiale) is a non-profit oriented research institute for artificial intelligence, located in Canton Ticino (Switzerland).
We focus on machine learning (deep neural networks, reinforcement learning), operations research, data mining, and robotics.
IDSIA has won several international competitions in these fields.