The Division of Biostatistics at the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) is seeking a
The German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) is the largest biomedical research institute in Germany with the task to systematically explore the mechanisms of carcinogenesis and identify cancer risk factors. The Division of Biostatistics provides statistical support for all scientific duties of the DKFZ. Our field of activity spans from biostatistical consulting and statistical analysis of biomedical data to the development of complex methods for specific scientific questions. The application of new techniques in the rapidly evolving field of biomedical research necessitates research for novel biostatistical methods to enable adequate data analysis.
The main role of the candidate will be to perform biostatistical data analysis and method development.
- Biostatistical support for clinical phase II/III trials, with a specific focus on biomarker- and/or genomic-driven trials studies
- Development and application of biostatistical analysis strategies
- Consulting and support for design and conduct of research projects
- Development and application of statistical regression models based on high-dimensional input data for the identification of prognostic and predictive biomarkers
- Master/Diploma/PhD in (bio-)statistics, mathematics or a related discipline
- Sound knowledge within the field of statistics
- Experience with the analysis of clinical or high-dimensional data, in particular with applications in molecular biology, is an advantage
- Solid statistical programming skills, preferably with R
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary research
The position is limited to 2 years.
Axel Benner, phone +49 6221 42-2390.
To apply for this position please use the DKFZ online application portal (https://www.dkfz.de/en/
The German Cancer Research Center is committed to increase the percentage of female scientists and encourages female applicants to apply. Among candidates of equal aptitude and qualifications, a person with disabilities will be given preference.
To apply for a position please use our online application portal (www.dkfz.de/jobs). We ask for your understanding that we cannot return application documents that are sent to us by post (Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Personal- und Sozialwesen, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69120 Heidelberg) and that we do not accept applications submitted via email. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.