Job Vacancy : Biostatistician
Organization : Barcelona Institute for Global Health
Duration : One year (renewable)
Starting date : As soon as possible
Salary : Gross year salary between 23,000€-30,000€, depending on candidate’s CV and experience
The Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health.
We are looking for a biostatistician to join our dynamic programmes in childhood and environment, and air pollution and urban environment research. We are working on several national and international projects generating a large amount of data which are to be processed, stored, analysed, and well documented. As biostatistician, you will be streamlining this process in collaboration with the project partners (project managers, biostatisticians, and epidemiologists), conducting complex statistical analysis on a variety of environmental and health topics, and analysing big data in collaboration with the bioinformatics group. This also includes statistical input on research protocols, grant applications, reports, and manuscripts.
Job duties and tasks:
– Transfer and manage data from national and international studies
– Maintain close contacts with the national and international studies and research teams
– Carry out cleaning, quality control, and documentation of databases used for different projects
– Conduct appropriate statistical analyses of complex large datasets and big data
– Provide input on the interpretation of the results
– Prepare tables for use in publications and reports
– Provide input on development of methods sections of publications and reports
– Provide statistical support to the researchers of the group
– Provide statistical input to development and submission of grant applications
Skills and experience:
– Higher education in biostatistics or related topics
– Sound knowledge of theoretical and applied statistics
– Experience in processing and managing of complex data, large datasets, and big data
– Programming skills with main data management and statistical tools, preferably STATA and R
– Previous experience in epidemiological, medical or laboratory sciences an advantage
– Keen interest in environmental health research
– Motivated researcher capable of setting and meeting deadlines and delivering research outputs to the required standard
– Strong organization and team-working skills
– Professional attitude with attention to details
– Effective verbal and written communication skills
– Good level of English (written and spoken)
– Team player, yet capable of working autonomously, rational and critical thinker
How to apply:
Applicants must send a CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject heading Biostatistician.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is January 31th 2018.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings, religion or sexual orientation.
“In accordance with articles 5 and 6 of Law 15/1999 on personal data protection, we inform you that your personal data will be incorporated into a Human Resources file, for which the Private Foundation Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is responsible. If you do not inform us otherwise, ISGlobal will understand that you have consented to the processing of your data. Your information will not be disclosed to individuals or legal public or private entities without your consent unless authorized by law. You can exercise your rights to access, rectify, cancel and oppose the use of your personal information by contacting ISGlobal by post at C/Rosselló, 132, 5è 2a and 7è, 08036 – Barcelona or by email at info@isglobal.