Syntax for Science is looking for a Senior Statistician to be office based in Palma de Mallorca.
As a Statistician, reporting to the Head of Biometry, you will be working in international projects for Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology clients supporting all phases of drug development.
- Main responsible for the creation of key statistical documents including but not exclusive to:
- Statistical section of the study protocol
- Statistical Analysis Plan
- Tables, Listings and Figures
- Statistical Report
- Clinical Study Report
- Scientific publications
- Performs the required programming activities to produce statistical outputs, i.e., tables, listings and figures.
- Applies company standards, and actively participates in improvements towards harmonization and standardization across projects.
- Maintain and expand knowledge base in area of expertise. Attend courses to develop and keep skills and knowledge current. Comply with continuing education requirements.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
We are looking to speak to candidates with the following attributes:
- BS or higher degree in Biostatistics, Mathematics or in related field with at least 4 years of experience in clinical development. Or a combination of education, training and work experience.
- Strong analytic mind-set and logical thinking capability
- Ability to select appropriate data assets and design study methodology to achieve the study objectives
- Advanced SAS programming and ability to translate study methodology into specifications for programmers.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and to manage project timelines
- Excellent communication skills, and first-hand experience with patient data analysis.
- Clear written and oral communication concerning the technical aspects of a project and the ability to develop usable documentation in English.
- Good people-skills and team player