Bellvitge Institut for Biomedical Research (IDIBELL) is looking for a statistical consultant for the IDIBELL community and also leads a line of research in statistical methods or related topic.
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
Perform statistical consultancy and analyses of clinical, epidemiological and laboratory experimental studies. Assess in statistical design of studies, calculate sample size and power required. Select appropriate statistical tests. Assist with reviews of manuscripts and external presentations. Provide advanced modeling to complex structure data. Write computer programs using statistical packages. Assess in database elaboration for collection of clinical data. Generate reports from the research databases. Assist in the development of statistical analysis plans and case report forms. Development of the computer software for carrying out methodological research projects. Develop statistical methods to improve efficiency of analyses.
Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
• At least Masters Degree in statistics, biostatistics, or a closely related field. (Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements)
• Previous experience in biostatistical consulting and analysis or similar
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English
• Proficient in R and open source software.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects
• Strong commitment to quality, accuracy and attention to detail
Applications must include a CV with a cover letter.