Data Scientist for Cancer Research
Location: Catalan Institute of Oncology / IDIBELL / UB, l’Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona
Salary range € 30,000 – 44,000
The Oncology Data Analysis Program (PADO) of the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO) is searching for a data scientist to join the research team on artificial intelligence. We aim to hire an experienced data scientist in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat (Barcelona).
The main role will be to develop and implement artificial intelligence tools for personalized medicine in cancer by exploiting electronic medical records and medical images in relation to cancer diagnosis and the effectiveness and toxicity of the treatments.
- Develop and validate cancer risk prediction models using deep neural networks based on semi-structured data.
- Develop and validate learning strategies to predict relevant outcomes in cancer patients based on routine unstructured data recorded in the electronic medical record of patients identified in hospital tumor registries.
- Identification of patterns in images, with predictive value
- Implementation of natural language processing tools for data structuring.
- Development of prognostic models and prediction of results
- PhD or equivalent experience in Data Science with a degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Bioinformatics, Engineering, Computer Science or related.
- Experience in deep learning (Torch, Tensorflow) and predictive modelling.
- PhD in a discipline relevant to this position.
- Experience with medical images and or NLP.
- Office work, with possibility of 20-40% telework
- Initial contract 2 of years.
- Salary according to experience, in the range of 30-44K.
- Immediate start as the selection process is finished.
Send CV with letter of intent to Olga Lopez <firstname.lastname@example.org>