IN THE CELLULAR RESEARCH GROUP
ON INFLAMMATION AND CARTILAGE
(Ref. 2222 – MONFORT)
The Cellular Research Group on Inflammation and Cartilage led by Dr. Jordi Monfort has a strong multidisciplinary nature, in order to carry out quality translational research. The group’s research focuses on rheumatic diseases, mainly immune-mediated diseases (such as systemic lupus, rheumatoid arthritis or scleroderma), osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia. Its task is the holistic study of patients and their pathologies with the main objective of describe predictive models that improve the monitoring and treatment of patients. This tasting is carried out through competitive grants granted mainly by the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Competitiveness and Innovation, the AGAUR and the Fundació La Marató de TV3.
The group is part of the research net of the Hospital del Mar Medical Research Institute Foundation (FIMIM) located in the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park, forming part of an international community of resident scientists with access to a wide range of cutting-edge scientific and technical services.
More information at https://www.imim.es/programesrecerca/rct/en_recercacel.html
- Predoctoral contract of 4 years. The selected person will have a predoctoral contract as a result of a grant from “Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación“ within the framework of the «“Plan Estatal de Investigación Científica y Técnica y de Innovación 2021-2023″ and the » Programa para la formación de doctores 2022″.
- The cost of registration in the doctoral course.
- Flexibility measures, contemplated in the labour regulations of the FIMIM (teleworking, flexible working hours…)
- Students graduated in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Bioinformatics, Biology, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering or related
- Master’s degree (or finishing it along 2023) in Statistics or similar.
- Proactive attitude to solve problems and develop new ideas.
- Ability to pay attention to detail, teamwork and a high level of empathy.
The candidate will be part of the project led by Dr. Joan Carles Monllau and Dr. Jordi Monfort, heads of the Traumatology and Orthopaedic Surgery Service and the Rheumatology Service, respectively, of the Hospital del Mar. The project has received funding from the “Agència estatal d’investigació (Ministerio de Cienca e Investigación) “within the 2022 call » Proyectes I+D+i de Generación de Conocimiento » and is entitled «Descripción de fenotipos de artrosis de rodilla basándose en datos clínicos, de imagen y de laboratorio». The candidate will be involved in the data mining of 3 cohorts databases, in order to accomplish the objectives of the project: 1) corroborate the results previously obtained in a validation cohort (own), as well as in a national (SIDIAP) and international cohort (MOST) and 2) Integrate the results obtained to describe phenotypes of patients with knee osteoarthritis, that allow a better follow-up and treatment of patients.
Those interested in this offer must apply via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference in the subject. The application must include:
- A cover letter with a brief description of the scientific and academic achievements accomplished.
- A recent CV, indicating the grade obtained in the bachelor’s and master’s degrees (according to academic record).
- Two letters of recommendation or 2 work/academic references (with full address, e-mail and work telephone number).
Deadline for submission of CV: 31/12/2022