The UC3M-Santander Big Data Institute (IBiDat) (www.ibidat.es) is a joint initiative by Universidad Carlos III de Madrid and Banco Santander. It was founded in 2015 and it has rapidly become an institution of reference in the area of Big Data Analytics in Spain. IBiDat’s goal is to apply cutting-edge research to solve industry problems, participate in research and innovation projects funded by different national, European and international agencies and develop specific industry-based training and teaching activities in the area of Big Data Analytics.
The Institute counts with a team of 6 full-time outstanding researchers as well as more than 40 fellow affiliated researchers from multiple disciplines: statistics, economics, finance, computer science, engineering, etc.
IBiDat is located in Madrid, one of the most livable and enjoyable cities in Europe that offers an exceptional offer of recreational activities.
As a high quality research institute, the Postdocs in IBiDat should be capable of performing those tasks expected from an early career faculty in academia adapted to the institute’s focus on R&D applied to industry challenges. This offers our Postdocs a twofold career development in both academia and industry towards his/her next professional step.
The main tasks performed by IBiDat Postdocs include:
- Lead and participate in R&D projects with private companies.
- Lead and participate in proposal preparation for competitive public and private funding programs such as: EU programs (Horizon Europe), National and Regional Research Programs and Private Companies Research Programs.
- Preparation and participation in Big Data and Machine Learning courses and masters.
- Conduct high quality research that leads to publications in top venues (journals and conferences).
- Salary: 32,000 €/ year.
- Extra economic compensation might be possible through the participation in projects and/or teaching activities of the Institute.
- Duration: 2 years (1+1). The continuation for the second year (upon available funding) will be confirmed through a performance assessment of the first year.
- Extension further than 2 years could be possible, subject to funding availability and performance criteria.
- Tentative Starting Date: September 2022.
- A PhD degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or related fields on the starting date.
- Experience in R&D projects with companies or from public funding programs.
- Good publication record in top journals and/or conferences in the discipline of the candidate.
- Technical Skills:
- Strong analytical and modelling skills
- Web Programming skills
- Knowledge of Data Analysis Programming Languages: R, Python and/or Spark
- Knowledge of DataBases: MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning Algorithms
- Capacity to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
* If you do not meet some of these requirements we strongly recommend you to still apply since our goal is hiring talented people who will be able to rapidly learn new skills
- Interested candidates should send by email:
- A statement of interest including the objectives to be achieved in the position.
- A curriculum vitae (with picture included).
- Two letters of reference.
- DEADLINE for applications: July 10th, 2022
- All the candidate’s information must be sent to:
Begoña Corraleche Quincoces
Office 18.2.D26 Phone: +34 91 624 85 14