What is it?
The MESIO UPC-UB Summer School is a specialized training program that increases the supply of both professional and research training in the Master’s degree in Statistics and Operations Research (MESIO UPC-UB), Master’s degree in Advanced Mathematics and Mathematical Engineering (MAMME), Bachelor’s degree in Statistics (UB-UPC), Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics (UPC), Bachelor’s degree in Data Science and Engineering (UPC), and the PhD in Statistics and Operations Research of the UPC.
The courses are open to students from other bachelor’s and master’s degrees, members from other universities as well as researchers and practitioners that work in private and public institutions and that need the use of statistical or machine/deep learning methodologies in their daily work.
The Summer School courses are taught by renowned visiting professors as well as professors of the UPC and UB.
The 2022 edition contains 12 activities taught from June 20th to July 8th, 2022. The courses defined as «face-to face» will only be like this if the COVID19 sanitary conditions allow it. Otherwise, they will be taught online. In the face-to face situation, the courses are also going to be relayed by streaming.
20/6 to 23/6
- Interpretable Machine Learning: Interpretabilidad en modelos de aprendizaje automático
- X-Heuristics: Concepts and applications in logistics, transportation, production and finance
- Statistical Methods for Microbiome Analysis
- Applied Machine learning to solve real life problems
27/6 to 1/7
- Técnicas Estadísticas para Meta-análisis con R
- Data Visualization
- Introducción a los modelos dinámicos lineales
- Python, more python, more interactive python, Pandas and sklearn
4/7 to 8/7
- Introduction to clustering analysis with R
- Creación de aplicaciones web con Shiny
- Generalized Additive Models and beyond with P-splines
- Introducción al Data Storytelling
More information at: link