DESCRIPTION THE POSITION
The Centre de Recerca Matemàtica (CRM) is currently seeking a Junior Group Leader in the research area of mathematical modelling of climate change impact on public health. We look for a junior scientist to start an independent research line at world-class standards.
Possible topics of interests include applications of complex systems techniques, advanced statistics, and data science, among others to better understanding of how climate and environmental human-induced changes are affecting public health, going beyond standard techniques in epidemiology. Additional interest in contributing to the development to applications is most welcome.
Candidates will be evaluated based on their scientific quality, the creativity and feasibility of the proposed research line, the potential impact of their research, the added value to the 2022-2025 CRM research programme, and their ability to carry out efficient leadership and management. The evaluation will be carried out by an ad hoc selection committee with external members, and the support from the scientific advisory board of the Centre.
More information: link
- A strong track record in the aforementioned areas. Our main criterion is scientific excellence and potential for cutting-edge research. Research lines with a potential for high socio-economic impact will be favoured.
- Experience since PhD: PhD obtained between 1st January 2014 and 31st December 2018. Maternity leave, other full-time care duties or long-term sick leave will be taken into account to extend the earliest date. Proof must be provided
- International mobility: At least two years of postdoctoral experience outside Spain or a PhD obtained by a non-Spanish University.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- 3 year fixed-term appointment as Junior Level Independent Researcher.
The researcher will be employed in compliance with Spanish legislation under a full-time contract for 3 years funded by the Unit of Excellence Maria de Maeztu Award (execution period 01.01.22-31.12.25). Employees receive the benefit of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- Salary range: 31000 euros – 34000 euros according to experience (CRM Salary Tables).
- CRM is committed to provide the new group leaders with the best possible support to successfully develop their careers, such as the application to tenure-track schemes (such as Ramon y Cajal) and research grants (with a focus on ERC Starting/Consolidator Grants) as a principal investigator, as well as support for their growth as mentor and supervisor creating their own research group (Master/PhD Grants).
Applications should be submitted through CRM evaluations and selection online platform.
Applications must include an online form with the contact data for the candidate and the following documents, submitted as a single pdf file:
- CV: Please provide ORCID number and peer-reviewed publication list. The CV should highlight and explain the five main scientific contributions of the applicant to date.
- Motivation Letter (1 page)
- Brief research plan for the next three years (4 pages maximum)
- PhD Certificate (scanned)
- Contact details for three referees.
- The evaluation will comprise two stages: Stage 1: Evaluation of applications by senior external experts; Stage 2: Face-to-face seminar at the CRM followed by an interview with the selection committee chaired by the Director. The selection committee will be gender-diverse and will comprise both Faculty and external members.
Informal inquiries are welcome and should be addressed to the Director and/or Executive Director through the address rrhhMdM2020@crm.cat
Deadline for applications: 30th May 2022
Eligibility check: 31st May – 4th June 2022
Evaluation Stage 1: 7th-20th June. The shortlisted candidates will be contacted during the third week of June.
Evaluation Stage 2: 29thJune – 4th July. Face-to-face presentations and interviews at CRM.
Position will be offered during the week starting on 7th July to the selected candidate.
Expected starting date: December 2022-January 2023.
-- Descargar OPEN CALL: JUNIOR GROUP LEADER IN THE RESEARCH AREA OF MATHEMATICAL MODELLING OF CLIMATE CHANGE IMPACT ON PUBLIC HEALTH como PDF --