Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
We invite applications for research fellows in Medical Statistics. We are looking for a researcher with an MSc and/or PhD (or equivalent degree) in statistics or related subjects who has expertise in developing statistical methods for clinical trial design and analysis, and interest in or experience with adaptive design methods. This is a 1-year temporary position (20 to 40 hours per week).
The successful applicant will work on the development of innovative adaptive design methodologies for platform trials. This work will be performed in collaboration with Prof. Martin Posch and Prof. Franz König at the Institute of Medical Statistics at the Medical University of Vienna (MedUni Vienna), Austria. Research topics include methods for statistical inference (frequentist/Bayesian), optimized adaptive designs and implementation of methods in statistical software such as R. The post-holder will also support the implementation of novel methodologies in four different disease areas within the EU-PEARL project. Further project collaborators include other staff members as well as international partners in the EU consortium from European universities, regulatory authorities and industry.
Information on the department
The researcher will be integrated in the working group “Adaptive Designs” at the Institute of Medical Statistics. The department is part of the Center for Medical Statistics, Informatics, and Intelligent Systems (CeMSIIS) at the MedUni Vienna. The department has a long-standing research tradition with an outstanding track record in methodological biostatistical research including areas such as adaptive designs, multiple testing, and data science.
Special duties will include:
- To develop novel statistical methods for platform trials
- To support the implementation of platform trials in indications like NASH, tuberculosis, depression or NF
- Comparing different methods and trial designs via simulations in R
- Developing R-packages
- Writing scientific papers and contributing to the overall preparation of research for publication
Applications should be sent per e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org until April 20, 2022 or until the positions are filled including (all documents as PDF):
- Personal letter: 1-2 pages where you introduce yourself, present your qualifications, previous research
fields, main research results, future research plans and the motivation for your application
- Copies of bachelor/master/PhD thesis and of completed education, grades and other certificates
- Two references we can contact
Info on salary
- The MSc/PostDoc salaries will depend on experience (min. € 42,800.- (MSc) or € 56,800.- (PhD) gross salary
per annum for full time equivalents). The MedUni Vienna is an equal opportunity employer.
- Researchers with an MSc (or equivalent degree) also have the opportunity to start a PhD at the MedUni
Vienna (a funded PhD project lasts 3 years).