Enrico Anglesio Prize, offered by the Elena Moroni Foundation, Turin, Italy. The Prize is aimed to award the work of a young researcher in Cancer Epidemiology, Statistics, and Biometric methodology. You can find more details at https://www.fondoelenamoroni.org/en/the-prize/
The main features of the Prize are:
- it targets young researchers (< 35 years) at a global scale
- beside the originality and the scientific strength of the work, the ability of the participant in communicating her/his results is considered
- if the winner work is published within one year, the Prize in money is multiplied (up to 1500 Euro) according to the level of the IF of the Journal of destination
The above features have made the Prize of increasing appeal for young and brilliant researchers and, up to now, 23 editions of the prize were run, with over 160 competitors and 23 winners from over 40 countries in the five Continents. It was usually awarded during the Annual International Conference of Cancer Registries, but last year and this year, due to the pandemic, the prize has been called and contested in a complete new virtual format, which also allows a broaden participation. It consists of two steps:
- Written Dissertation (then selection)
- Video Presentation prepared by the finalists (then final selection and Award Ceremony).
And, since last year again, two Satellite Special Prize have been added to the main one: the first awards the youngest best scoring competitor; the second awards the best scoring candidate coming from a Low Middle Income Country.
Deadline for applications and dissertations is August 20, 2021