- Higher university degree in health sciences with complementary training in the field of: data science, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Data Management · Fluency in Spanish, Catalan and English (business level)
- Knowledge of data/database management in the healthcare field · Experience working in a hospital environment or to have managed clinical health data.
- Ability to communicate with healthcare staff and the rest of the team.
- Knowledge of research projects.
- Project methodologies: PMP, Agile, ITIL, etc.
- Knowledge of data processing tools (Excel / Access / PowerBI, Pentaho, Tableau, R / STATA, Python, etc.)
- Valuable knowledge in BI
- Knowledge of functional analysis, sql, pl / sql, non-relational database
VHIR is a public sector institution that promotes and develops the biomedical research, innovation and teaching at Vall d’Hebron University Hospital (HUVH), the hospital of Barcelona and the largest of the Catalan Institute of Health (ICS).
This position will be directly working with the Statistics & Bioinformatics Unit from VHIR and, at the same time, collaborating with the Department of Information Systems and Decision Support in the Vall d’Hebron University Hospital (HUVH) The HUVH is the largest hospital complex in Catalonia (Spain) and one of the most important in Spain, offering complex healthcare through its public, teaching and community hospital. The Department of Information Systems and Decision Support has an innovative orientation in the approach and strategies to data collection and processing, including patient-reported outcomes. It has been pioneer in the country in developing the Value-Based Health Care model, employing systematic and participative methodologies.
We are looking for a Clinical Data Specialist to manage of all phases of the data collection process of the single clinical data platform for research
projects: Needs definition, Planning, Extraction, Monitoring and control.
- Project identification: dialogue with researchers, detection of similar projects, etc.
- Liaise with technical committee, data architect and data analysts.
- Monitor the documentation required for approval by the responsible committees.
- Interpret medical requests and transfer them to the technical field.
- Define and extract the data in the form required by the CEIC (pseudonymized, anonymized, aggregated, etc.)
- Manage the risks of data interpretations.
- Identification and communication of unavailable variables.
- Compliance with the dates/deadlines defined in the planning.
- Provide the Data Architect with the data interpretation needs to build the operating base.
- Project planning and monitoring.
- Full-time position (40h/week).
- Starting date: immediate.
- Contract: temporary (1 year, with the possibility of continuity depending on the project.) · Gross annual salary: remuneration will depend on experience and skills.
Salary ranges are consistent with our Collective Agreement pay scale.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER?
- A scientific environment of excellence, highly dynamic, where high-end biomedical projects are continuously developed.
- Challenging tasks and a wide range of responsibilities.
- Personal training opportunities.
- Flexible working hours.
- 23 days of holidays + 9 personal days.
- Flexible Remuneration Program (including dining checks, health insurance, transportation and more).
HOW TO APPLY?
Applicants should submit a full Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter with the reference “Clinical Data Specialist” to the following email address: