The Institute of Genetic Epidemiology at Medical Center – University of Freiburg is looking for a:
Research Assistant with Programming Skills (m/f/d)
The Institute of Genetic Epidemiology generates new insights into the (patho-)physiology of complex human traits and diseases, which arise from the combination of genetic predisposition and environmental influences. We conduct epidemiologic studies and analyze the collected data, including in large international research collaborations. Our special focus is on kidney and metabolic diseases as well as cardiovascular disorders.
We are looking to expand our multidisciplinary team (medicine, statistics, bioinformatics, biology/chemistry). You will support the team by generating and analyzing high-dimensional molecular and clinical data for third-party funded projects.
- an interesting, diversified job within our dynamic and motivated team
- the possibility for regular internal and external training and further education
- planning and conduct of statistical analyses in cooperation with our experienced team
- preparation of program scripts and documentation of recurrent statistical workflows
- compilation of project reports
- creation of tables and figures for research publications
- support of joint research projects
- Bachelor or Masters degree in mathematics/statistics/public health or a comparable subject
- basic knowledge in statistics
- experience with programming and knowledge of at least one established statistics software (e.g. STATA, SAS, R)
- advanced knowledge and experience with PCs and office programs
- practical experience in the analysis of epidemiologic datasets desirable
- good knowledge of written and spoken English
- high degree of initiative, readiness, flexibility, reliability and structured work style
- team spirit and good communication and collaboration skills
The position is currently limited to 2 years with the option for renewal.
We are happy to receive your complete application papers including the earliest possible date of entrance by February 10th, 2020.
Postal address: Universitätsklinikum Freiburg
Institut für Genetische Epidemiologie
Prof. Dr. Anna Köttgen – Direktorin
Hugstetter Str. 49, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
For further information, please contact Mrs. Andrea Schmölders: email@example.com