|Research and Teaching Assistant / PhD Candidate (100% positions)|
The Geneva School of Economics and Management (GSEM) at the University of Geneva is opening three Research and Teaching Assistant / PhD Candidate (100%) at the Research Center for Statistics (RCS). The positions are partially funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNF) for the projects: Simulation based fast inference for complex models (Prof. Maria-Pia Victoria-Feser) and New Challenges for Statistical Methods in Large and Complex Data Settings (Prof. Stéphane Guerrier).
The Research and Teaching Assistant / PhD Candidate must qualify for a PhD in statistics and will work under the supervision of Prof. Maria-Pia Victoria-Feser and/or with Prof. Stéphane Guerrier. The research subjects are in Statistics and in other related fields such as Computational Sciences, Signal Processing, Big Data Analytics, Genomics, Business Analytics.
The position is for a maximum of 5 years. The salary is about 66’000 Swiss Francs per year (100%). The earliest starting date is the first of February 2019, but hiring can be done later in the year.
Job qualifications & requirements
* Master degree (or equivalent) in Statistics, Biostatistics/Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Data Science, Engineering, Computer Sciences or other closely related fields;
* Strong mathematical and analytical skills, self-discipline, problem-solving capacity, intellectual curiosity, and creativity are essential qualities in order to successfully complete a PhD thesis;
* Strong programming skills (in particular R or C++) is a plus;
* Fluent in English;
* Ideally, the candidate has already acquired some teaching and/or research experience through a challenging master thesis or prior work experience.
Applications with the documents below must be submitted exclusively online at https://jobs.unige.ch/www/wd_portal.show_job?p_web_site_id=1&p_web_page_id=37941
Click on ‘Postuler/ Apply now’ at the bottom of the page.
Deadline: 15th of December 2018, midnight, Geneva time (CET)
* A motivation letter describing main work experience, competencies and qualifications as well as reasons why the candidate wants to start a PhD thesis in statistics at the Geneva School of Economics and Management (GSEM).
* A curriculum vitae;
* Copies of Bachelor and Master degrees;
* Copies of grades obtained during Master studies;
* Please also provide contact details of one or two potential reference(s), who can be contacted for more information.
For further inquiries about the positions, please do not hesitate to contact Professor Maria-Pia Victoria- Feser at Maria-Pia.VictoriaFeser@unige.ch