The job purpose is to create and disseminate knowledge through initiating and conducting original research and participation in multidisciplinary collaborative research, through publication and through developing and delivering undergraduate, postgraduate (particularly MPH) and CPD programmes in Medical Statistics.
In addition, contributing to the Biostatistics, Test Evaluation and Evidence Synthesis Research group and the Institute of Applied Health Research through management/leadership, and other activities.
- A higher degree in statistics or a closely related discipline
- Extensive research/teaching experience and scholarship within medical statistics
- Proven ability to devise, advise on and manage learning/ research
- Skills in managing, motivating and mentoring others successfully at all levels
- Experience and achievement reflected in a growing reputation
- Extensive experience and demonstrated success in planning, undertaking and project managing research to deliver high-quality results
- Extensive experience of applying and/or developing and devising successful models, techniques and methods
- Experience and achievement in knowledge transfer, enterprise and similar activity
- Ability to design, deliver, assess and revise teaching programmes
- Extensive experience and demonstrated success in developing appropriate approaches to learning and teaching, and advising colleagues
- Experience and success in knowledge transfer, enterprise and similar activity that enhances the student experience or employability
- Ability to contribute to Institute/Departmental management processes
- Ability to assess and organise resources effectively
- Understanding of and ability to contribute to broader management/administration processes