The workshop aims at providing a focus on the state-of-the-art research in the field of model-based clustering and classification as well as a forum of scientific discussions and comparisons among young and senior researchers in different areas of statistics and data science. Topics concern methodological, applied and computational issues in model-based clustering and classification. The workshop will take place in Catania (Italy) on September 5-7, 2018 with the support of the Italian Statistical Society and the Classification and Data Analysis Group (CLADAG).
Christophe Biernacki (France), Andrea Cerioli (Italy), Luis Angel García-Escudero (Spain), Christian Hennig (UK), Salvatore Ingrassia (Italy), Geoffrey McLachlan (Australia), Volodymyr Melnykov (USA), Angela Montanari (Italy), Roberto Rocci (Italy), Maurizio Vichi (Italy).
- 5 main lectures (40’+15′ discussion)
- 21 oral presentations organized in 7 talk sessions (20′ for each talk + 25′ discussion in each session)
- 18 Lightning talks (3′) + poster session for discussion
Confirmed Main Lecturers
- Peter Bühlmann (ETH Zürich, CH)
- Nello Cristianini (University of Bristol, UK)
- Eustasio del Barrio (University of Valladolid, Spain)
- Dimitris Karlis (Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece)
- Cinzia Viroli (University of Bologna, Italy)
- May 7, 2018: Submission of an abstract for either paper or poster sessions
- June 4, 2018: Notification of the acceptance.
- June 30, 2018: Payment of registration fee (standard registration: 210 euro).
- August 26, 2018: Submission of the slides and references (to be uploaded in the dropbox folder).
The registration fee includes lunches, coffee breaks and workshop material.
- Standard registration (until June 30, 2018): EUR 210.
- Late registration (after June 30, 2018): EUR 260.
The workshop will take place at Collegio d’Aragona (Via Ventimiglia 184, 95129 Catania, Italy) in September 5-7, 2018.
For more information, visit: http://mbc2.unict.it/