Hello, everyone. Attached is the latest edition of the IBO Update. I encourage you to review this, so that you are up to date on the activities here at the IBO, upcoming deadlines, and ways that we might be able to help you as we move closer to 2018.
Also, a few important reminders / requests:
– Please encourage your universities to print our and display this IBC2018 Young Statisticians Poster: https://www.biometricsociety.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/YS-FLYER-FINAL.pdf
– Thinking of submitting a proposal to host IBC2022? If you have questions, please let us know. We know that the process of developing a bid may seem to be a daunting task. But we want to make the proposal process, as well as the process of managing an IBC, as easy as possible for you. And we have many tools available to make it easier! So just let us know if you have questions.
– Remind your members that the next Journal Club session will be held on December 14th. More information will follow soon.
– We are currently requesting donations from Regions to the IBS Travel Awards Fund. No amount is too small, or too large. All funds will be matched by the IBS, and will support DC travel to the next IBC in Barcelona.
– Finally, be sure to remind your members not to miss the Call for Contributed Papers deadline of 10 January for IBC2018.
Details on these topics and more can be found in the IBO Update. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks very much!
Peter E. Doherty, CAE
INTERNATIONAL BIOMETRIC SOCIETY
1444 I Street, NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC 20005 USA
Telephone : +1 202.712.9049
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.biometricsociety.org