Object: TIES-GRASPA 2017 Conference on Climate and Environment
It is our pleasure to announce and invite you to the TIES-GRASPA 2017 Conference on Climate and Environment organized jointly by The International Environmetrics Society (http://www.environmetrics.org/) and the Italian Research Group for Statistical Applications to Environmental Problems (http://www.graspa.org/). The conference will be hosted by the University of Bergamo (IT) from 24th to 26th July 2017 and represents a satellite meeting of the 61st World Statistics Congress – ISI2017 in Marrakesh (http://www.isi2017.org/).
The meeting will have plenary, invited and contributed sessions organized on a parallel basis. An extensive poster session will be held as well (with short oral presentation of each poster).
The confirmed keynote speakers are:
- Sudipto Banerjee, University of California, USA
- Claudia Tebaldi, National Center for Atmospheric Research, USA
- Emilio Porcu, University Federico Santa Maria, Chile
- Brunero Liseo, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
Conference topics include statistical methods and applications for:
- Climate change assessment and monitoring
- Climate change monitoring of/impact on
- Ecological systems
- Atmospheric variables
- Water bodies
- Food sustainability, availability and security
- Human health
- Population and migration
- Economics and Finance
- Atmospheric measurements, including in-situ and satellite based
- Statistics and remote sensing
- Spatial and spatio-temporal modelling
- Functional, directional and complex data
- Official statistics for Climate change
- Abstract submission: March 30, 2017
- Abstract acceptance: April, 30 2017
- Early registration (reduced fee): May 8, 2017
- Late registration for authors: May 31, 2017
Accommodation: summer months are a busy time in Bergamo. For this reason, we recommend you to book your accommodation as soon as possible. Please consult “Accommodation page” in www.graspa.org/tiesgraspa2017 for some suggestions on hotels and B&B.
Location: Campus Sant’Agostino, University of Bergamo (IT), Viale delle Mura, 4, 24129 Bergamo.
The conference venue is located in the so-called “Città Alta” (Upper Town) which represents the old part of the city surrounded by Venetian Walls, built by the Serenissima Republic of Venice in the second half of the 16th century to defend the city and now included in the Unesco World Heritage tentative list.
Bergamo, with its 5 km-long Venetian Walls, its funicular connecting the modern centre with city medieval heart, its historic sites and museum, its food and wine tradition, is an Italian masterpiece, which deserves to be visited at least once in a lifetime. Discover the wonders of Bergamo on https://youtu.be/fRBMyJrO2c8 and http://www.visitbergamo.net/en/
For more information about the TIES-GRASPA 2017 conference, please visit the conference website www.graspa.org/tiesgraspa2017. You can also visit the conference Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/events/350475268648321/.
On behalf of the Scientific and Organizing Committee,
Alessandro Fassò and Michela Cameletti